1st Annual International San Francisco Women Entrepreneurs Forum Gran Canaria Summit 2015
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 7:00 PM - Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 10:00 PM (WEST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This Tricontinental Summit is a unique event that brings together entrepreneurs from the Americas, Europe and Africa, creating in the area the first ecosystem of empowerment to give visibility to all the projects, business and start-ups directed to or launched by women coming from any industry.
This two-day event will include keynote presentations by industry leaders, panel discussions, example pitch session, and hands-on breakout sessions focused on sharing with entrepreneurs the tools to success for their ideas.
- Leanne Pittsford, Social Good Tech Week, StartSomewhere, Lesbians Who Tech (LWT)
- Janelle Kellman, KitOrder
- Maica Gil, San Francisco International Women Entrepreneurs Forum (SFIWEF), Heroikka
- Vanessa Slavich, Square
- Cristina Aranda, Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist, Liaison at SFIWEF, Madrid
- Isabel Planells, Above the Clouds, Liaison at SFIWEF, Canary Islands
- Esther Pérez Verdú, Canarias7 Digital
- Sarah Alvarellos, Makespace - IoT
- Tais Pérez, Renal Help
- Carmen Sahara Juste Gómez, MENCANTA
- Vanessa Santana, D.O. Vinos de Gran Canaria
- Amy Bliss, Cultural Affairs Officer - U.S. Embassy in Madrid
April 29th, 19:00-21:00
April 30th, 9:00- 21:00
Location: Incube (Recinto Ferial)
Av. de la Feria, 1, 35012 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain
Agenda and more information:
When & Where
San Francisco International Women Entrepreneurs Forum
The Forum delivers a platform for diverse international organizations to collaborate and share resources and give visibility to various projects and initiatives, start-ups and businesses directed to or run by women.
Through this collaboration we have inspired many women to change the conversation on how we are perceived in business and as entrepreneurs.
Some examples of the changes that have been instigated both locally and internationally include the following:
- Launch of our first international Hub in Spain in March 2014 hosted by the US Embassy in Madrid, with liaisons in Madrid and the Canary Islands. In the latter, we are building alliances with different institutions to start a Youth Program for girls to learn how to code and to establish a Social Lab.
- The establishment of other Hubs is being discussed with liaisons in Australia, China (Beijing), Italy, Mexico and Sweden.
- Jane Sloane from Global Fund for Women, our guest speaker in March, inspired many of attendees to join the movement to enhance the livelihoods of women in developing countries.
Members of the Forum organizations will continue to drive programs that are challenging and thought provoking to stimulate innovative approaches to business and other initiatives.
We welcome the participation of like-minded individuals as we endeavor to drive change through the exchange of ideas, opinions and viewpoints.