Day trip to Antwerp from Brussels
Day trip to Antwerp, Belgium’s diamond and fashion capital, city of Peter Paul Rubens, and the current second biggest port of Europe. Departure from Brussels.
- Departure from Brussels every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:30 am.
- Price: 34, 00€ pp.(free for children under 12 years old).
- Fee entrance to a diamond cutting factory.
- More 6,00€, the entrance to the Cathedral of Our Lady, where you visit the paintings of Rubens. (you pay directly)
- Meeting point: Grand-Place in front of the “Tourist Information Office” at 10:30 am.
- Start your visit in the Central Train Station, known as the ‘iron cathedral’ and considered as one of the most beautiful railway stations in the world.
- Visit the diamond district and go to a diamond workshop, where you will learn about the history and cutting process of diamonds, and admire unique jewelry pieces.
- “The Meir”, Antwerp’s main shopping street and where you can admire fashion stores in a beautiful architectonical setting.
- The “Meir Palace”, a Rococo mansion that was Napoleon’s palace. Taste artisanal coffee and handmade chocolate in what is now one of the most famous chocolate shops in Belgium.
- Check Rubens’ house and learn a quick history of his work and contribution to Flemish art.
- The marketplace, the guildhalls and the City Hall
- Cathedral of Our Lady, which is the largest Gothic church in the Low Countries and admire its north tower. Inside, contemplate an art collection that includes four masterpieces of Paul Peter Rubens. Visit the Baroque pulpit with a wooden sculpture of Pocahontas, and check beautiful stained glasses.
- Saint Charles Borromeo church, a jewel of Baroque architecture in the city that treasures one if the most beautiful Baroque confessionals in the world.
- The “Het Steen”, a medieval castle located in the city’s ancient port, from where you can admire the Scheldt River and contemplate a sunset next to the water.
- Leisure time for visiting museums, eating a meal, and shopping.
- Return to Brussels at 7:30 pm.
Terms and Conditions :
Bravo discovery reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours if there are not enough inscriptions, in which case the client is entitled to a full refund of the registration fee.
If the client cancels the reservation, take into account that :
- If cancelation is done 48 hours before the beginning of the tour, the client is entitled to a full refund of the registration fee.
- If cancellation is done 24 hours before the beginning of the tour, the client is entitled to a refund of the 50% of the registration fee.
- The client has no refund if cancellation is done less than 24 hours before the beginning of the tour.
Bravo Discovery guarantees you the best guided tours in Antwerp.
We offer you to visit three of the most beautiful cities in Belgium: Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp. They have impressive medieval city centers that stand as a proof of their historical character. Nowadays, Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp are flourishing cities that in their own way can offer you the best of Belgian cuisine, beer, chocolate, fashion, arts and museums. English-speaking guides will meet you in Brussels from where you will depart on train to your respective destination, and they will go along with you during your day trip excursion until you come back to Brussels. Bravo Discovery staff members will make sure that you get the best of your tour, learning about the history and architecture of your destination, visiting its more important landmarks, and recommending you what to do and where to grab a bite during your free time.