Day Trip to Bruges
Day trip to Bruges, the “Venice of the North” and the most important port of Europe during the Middle Ages. Top one Belgian tourist destination, where you can visit impressive Gothic architecture while enjoying the charms of a ‘fairy tale city’ that seems to be frozen in time.
Optional canal tour, which is one of the best ways to see Bruges.
Departure from Brussels every Wednesday, Thursday Friday and Saturday at 10:30 am.
- Price: 30,00€ pp.(free for children under 12 years old).
- Optional canal tour: 8, 00€ (includes guide).
- Meeting point: Grand-Place in front of the “Tourist Information Office” at 10:30 am. Find our guides! They are Grand-Place hold a white umbrella.
The tour will be led by our local guides. Local guides with expertise in the area of Bruges.
- The ancient city wall park. Start your visit walking through the park built in the very spot where the ancient city walls used to stand. Admire parts of the ancient city wall and the ancient moats while taking fresh air.
- The ‘Lake of Love’ is one of the main water reservoirs that nourish the canal system of ‘the Venice of the North’. Admire a stunning panoramic view of the city in a bucolic spot that seems to whispers into your ears the secrets of the city.
- The Beguinage. Visit one of the best-preserved examples of medieval gated communities in which only women could live. Learn about its history, visit its courtyard, appreciate its unique architecture and art treasures (including the oldest sculpture of Our Lady of Bruges), and enjoy a moment of calm and contemplation.
- Brewery ‘De Halve Maan’ is the only brewery still operating in the city center. During lunchtime try one of the famous Bruges beers and a ‘Flemish Carbonnade’, a traditional beef stew made with local beer.
- Old St. John’s Hospital is one of the oldest hospitals in Europe, where you can appreciate 800 years of European architecture, learn about its history, and visit the museum of Hans Memling (optional).
- Our Lady of Bruges is one of the oldest churches in the city. Admire its impressive tower that is still one of the tallest brickwork towers in the world, and take a look to its art treasures, including Michelangelo’s Madonna with the child (optional).
- VisMarkt (fishmarket) and the Tanners’ Square, two of the oldest squares in Bruges with their beautiful guildhalls and lovely cafés and restaurants.
- GroeningeMuseum (possibility to enter the museum and see the paintings of the Flemish Primitives).
- Burg Square is the political heart of the city, place in which the city was born around the castle of the first Count of Flanders. Admire the oldest Gothic city hall of the Low Countries, the Basilica of the Holy Blood (it treasures a relic of the blood of Jesus Christ), and the civil register built in Renaissance architecture.
- Markt Square, the tenth century city market that has been for a millennium the economic heart of Bruges. Admire its imposing guildhalls and its bellfort tower, which is one of the most famous Gothic buildings in Belgium.
- Leisure time for visiting museums, eating a meal, and shopping.
- Return to Brussels at 7:00 pm.
Terms and Conditions :
Bravo discovery reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours if there are not enough inscriptions, in which case the client is entitled to a full refund of the registration fee.
If the client cancels the reservation, take into account that:
- If cancelation is done 48 hours before the beginning of the tour, the client is entitled to a full refund o the registration fee.
- If cancellation is done 24 hours before the beginning of the tour, the client is entitled to a refund of the 50% of the registration fee.
- The client has no refund if cancellation is done less than 24 hours before the beginning of the tour.
Bravo Discovery guarantees you the best guided tours in Bruges.
We offer you to visit three of the most beautiful cities in Belgium: Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp. They have impressive medieval city centers that stand as a proof of their historical character. Nowadays, Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp are flourishing cities that in their own way can offer you the best of Belgian cuisine, beer, chocolate, fashion, arts and museums. English-speaking guides will meet you in Brussels from where you will depart on train to your respective destination, and they will go along with you during your day trip excursion until you come back to Brussels. Bravo Discovery staff members will make sure that you get the best of your tour, learning about the history and architecture of your destination, visiting its more important landmarks, and recommending you what to do and where to grab a bite during your free time.