San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In the framework of the International Master Project Climate Change and Restoration of Degraded Land (RECLAND), we are pleased to invite you to participate in the "European Workshop on Climate Change Adaptation and Restoration of Degraded Land" to be held in the School of Forestry (Salon de Actos-ETSI MONTES) of the Technical University of Madrid (Spain) on July 12th, 2013.
RECLAND Project is funded by the European Union, through the Lifelong Learning Programme, whose objective is the creation and implementation of an International Master in Climate Change and Restoration of Degraded Land. It involves six major European universities (Technical University of Madrid, Spain; Buckinghamshire New University, UK; Transylvania University, Romania; University of West Hungary, Hungary; Maaülikool Eesti, Estonia and University of La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain).
- 09:30. Welcome. Opening remarks by José V. López. Dean of the School of Forestry (Technical University of Madrid)
- 09:50. Florin Ioras. Buckinghamshire New University. ERASMUS Multilateral Projects
- 10:10. Maria Paz Arraiza. ETSI MONTES. Presentation of RECLAND Project.
- 10:30. María José Alonso Moya. Spanish Office of Climate Change. The role of Spain against climate change: Mitigation and Adaptation
- 11:00. Coffee Break.
- 11:30. Jaime Ribalaygua. Climate Change Foundation. Adaptation to Climate Change: technical approach and some examples
- 12:00. Vanessa Sánchez Ortega. Global Nature Foundation. Local Action Plan to Tackle Climate Change in Las Rozas de Madrid
- 12:30. Carlos Calderon. ETSI Montes. The role of urban trees against climate change in large cities. Effects in Madrid.
- 13:00. Carolina Rodríguez. Centre for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI). Horizon 2020: New opportunities for environmental research, development and innovation in the European scope.
- 13:30. Closing remarks by Ioan Abrudan. Rector of Transilvania University of Brasov. (Romania)
- 14:00. End of program
President of the Organizing Committee: María Paz Arraiza Bermúdez-Cañete (UPM)
Organizing Co-Chairs: Florin Ioras (Buckinghamshire New University, UK)
Ioan Abrudan (Universitatea Transilvania din Brasov-Romania)
Programme Committee: José Luis García Rodríguez (UPM)
Carlos Calderon (UPM)
Martin Cruz Giménez (UPM)
WORKSHOP FUNDED BY: