Actions and Detail Panel
Free Tour Art Nouveau Brussels
Sat 18 November 2017, 10:00 – 13:00 CET
Free Tour Art Nouveau and Victor Horta
This is a guided tour about “Art Nouveau architecture and Victor Horta”. Come and learn everything about the origins and the development of this architectural style by visiting Art Nouveau houses still preserved today. Discover the most beautiful and impressive Art Nouveau projects by architects who mastered the art of combining iron, glass, wood and stone into an infinite variety of different forms and curves.
- Price : FREE TOUR (Pay What You Want).
- Meeting point :at 10:00 - Grand-Place, in front of the City Hall, next to the entrance of the tourist information. ( Find our guides! They are on the Grand-Place, hold a white umbrella)
- Local guides :
- Bravo Discovery guarantees you the best tours and guides in Brussels.
- At the end of a PAY WHAT YOU WANT tour, it is up to you to evaluate the quality of our service and our guide. You pay what you think the tour is worth.
Specialised guides who are passionate about Art Nouveau and Art Deco.
Small groups (in order to guarantee a better service).
Duration of visit: two hours and thirty minutes (2h30).
More information :
During the visit, our guide will explain you everything about the history of Art Nouveau architecture in Brussels.
“Art Nouveau Walk”
The tour starts at Grand-Place. Afterwards, we will take the tram until the Bailli district, the famous village in the city with the biggest number of Art Nouveau buildings in Brussels. We will collect €2.50 for the tram ride in the beginning of the tour.
- “Old England House” (Music Instrument Museum).
- Hotel Tassel, built by Victor Horta in 1893/1894.
- Van Rysselberghe House, built by Ocatave Van Rysselberghe in 1912.
- Hotel Otlet, built by Ocatave Van Rysselberghe and Henry van de Velde from 1894-1898.
- Hotel Goblet d’Alviella, built by Ocatave Van Rysselberghe in 1882.
- Hotel Ciamberlani, built by Paul Hankar in 1897.
- The house of painter René Janssens, built by Paul Hankar in 1898.
- Architect Armand Van Waesberghe.
- The Beukman house, built by Albert Roosenboom in 1900.
- The private home of architect Paul Hankar.
- Victor Horta Museum.
The tour will be led by our local Brussels guides.
Bravo Discovery guarantees you the best guided tours in Brussels, with experts in the field of Art Nouveau and Art Deco !
Bravo Discovery sprl