Actions and Detail Panel
Ghent day trip from Brussels
Wed 9 November 2016, 10:30 – 19:00 CET
Ghent day trip from Brussels
Day trip to Ghent, hometown of Charles V and considered as “one of the most beautiful historic cities of Europe”. Visit one of the industrial capitals of Belgium, where modernity meets medieval treasures. As the host city of one of the most important universities in the country, Ghent has a marked young character with a fifth of its population being university students. Optional visit to Ghent’s altarpiece “the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck bothers.
- Departure from Brussels every Monday and Wednesday at 10:30 am.
- Price: 35, 00€ pp. (free for children under 12 years old).
- Meeting point: Grand-Place in front of the “Tourist Information Office” at 10:30 am. Find our guides! They are Grand-Place hold a white umbrella.
- Optional visit to Ghent’s altarpiece“the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck bothers. : 4,00€ (includes guide’s explanation).
- Start your visit in Saint Bavo Cathedral, a spectacular Gothic church decorated with majestic Baroque ornamentation. Step into the marble choir and private chapels, admire Peter Paul Rubens’ painting “Saint Bavo Enters the Convent at Ghent” and the Rococo pulpit, and go into the Romanesque crypt, where you can also admire its frescoes. Optional visit to the altarpiece “the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck bothers, which is one of the most important works of art of the Middle Ages.
- The City Hall, an extraordinary building combining Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture.
- The market square, the Belfort tower, and the covered market.
- The churches of St. Nicholas, St. James, and St. Michel, three parish churches that stand as a reminding of Ghent’s medieval past.
- The Graslei, old port of the city and one of the most scenic places in Ghent, where you can admire the river Leie and the old guildhalls.
- Gravensteen, a medieval castle that was the former residence of the Counts of Flanders.
- Patershol, picturesque area with buildings of charming brick facades where restaurants and cafés offer you the best of the Flemish cuisine.
- The medieval butchery, an imposing Gothic building of 1408 that is one of Europe oldest meat markets.
- Leisure time for visiting museums, eating a meal, and shopping.
- Return to Brussels at 6:30 pm.
Terms and Conditions :
Bravo discovery reserves the right to cancel or reschedule tours if there are not enough inscriptions, in which case the client is entitled to a full refund of the registration fee.
If the client cancels the reservation, take into account that :
- If cancelation is done 48 hours before the beginning of the tour, the client is entitled to a full refund of the registration fee.
- If cancellation is done 24 hours before the beginning of the tour, the client is entitled to a refund of the 50% of the registration fee.
- The client has no refund if cancellation is done less than 24 hours before the beginning of the tour.
Bravo Discovery guarantees you the best guided tours in Ghent.
We offer you to visit three of the most beautiful cities in Belgium: Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp. They have impressive medieval city centers that stand as a proof of their historical character. Nowadays, Bruges, Ghent, and Antwerp are flourishing cities that in their own way can offer you the best of Belgian cuisine, beer, chocolate, fashion, arts and museums. English-speaking guides will meet you in Brussels from where you will depart on train to your respective destination, and they will go along with you during your day trip excursion until you come back to Brussels. Bravo Discovery staff members will make sure that you get the best of your tour, learning about the history and architecture of your destination, visiting its more important landmarks, and recommending you what to do and where to grab a bite during your free time.